Epilogue

The doorbell rang. Michael told Natalie with a grin, “Write your note later. Right now, go rinse your face; your guests are arriving.”

Natalie went upstairs to her room to pull herself together. She couldn’t believe it. She knew they were good guys – at least everything she read about them told her that. She also experienced their generosity first-hand. She just couldn’t wrap her head around everything they’d done for her. Her. A virtual stranger. A fan, sure, but a nobody to them. She shook her head, and went into the bathroom to dry her eyes and touch up her makeup. Can’t let my guests think I’m still sick. When she was satisfied with her appearance, she went back to her room to change out of her walking clothes, and into faded jeans, and her softest turtleneck sweater.

From downstairs, she heard the chorus from the a capella version of “her song”. With a puzzled look on her face, she looked down on her dresser. The CD was there, where it always is when it wasn’t in her player. With a puzzled look on her face, she went down the stairs, and headed for the living room.

“Michael, when did you make a copy of my – ” She broke off, staring at the sight before her.

Standing in front of the fireplace, flanked by the two floral arrangements, were Jon, Richie, David, and Tico. They were looking gorgeous in black tie, and each was holding a single red rose. With tears in her eyes, Natalie went to Michael. He led her to the couch, and helped her sit. She couldn’t tear her eyes away.

By the time they finished singing to her, Natalie was crying. Richie, Dave, and Tico each came to Natalie in turn, presented his flower to her, kissed her cheek and said “Welcome home.”

Jon hung back, wanting to go last. He knelt in front of Natalie, took her hand, and put it over his heart. He gently put his own hand over her heart. He said to her, “Natalie, you have touched my heart. It’s only fair that I touch yours. Welcome home.” He kissed her gently, and pulled her into a hug.

Over Jon’s shoulder, Natalie caught Michael’s eye, and mouthed, “Thank you.”

THE END

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I'm crying too!!
Wonderful story!

Queenie said...

Oh my, what a wonderful end to a wonderful story. Loved it Jennifer, absolutely loved it.

The Goddess Hathor said...

Thank you for your kind comments. I truly appreciate them.

-- Jennifer

TaraLeigh said...

Hehehe
Even the grand gesture for the ending!

Thanks so much for sharing your story, Jennifer. I truly enjoyed it.

The Goddess Hathor said...

Tara, thanks for your kind words!

I thought, grand to the end, yes? In my heart, that's they way they'd really do it :)

-- Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I've already said this, but I love this story. Such emotion and so well written.

I'm one of those gotta have a happy ending kinda gals and this one certainly does! With a bonus - the Jovi Boys in black tie singing a cappella with roses. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! that was an amazing story!!! I am supposedly working but I found this link at Tara's site on my lunch and couldn't stop!!!! Thank you for sharing it with us!!!

Anonymous said...

I just found this story and holy crap!! You made a blubbering fool out of me! LOL!! I was totally prepared for her to die but I'm so glad she got her miracle. Thank you for such a heart warming story!

Carol

Anonymous said...

So I have just spent way more time than I should have reading some of your wonderful stories....and this one is just so touching. I, too, was crying at parts, and just at the sadness.....your depiction of Bon Jovi's kindness and gernerosity, and your depiction of the sweetness of Michael touched me and brought me to tears. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I haven't stopped crying. What a story. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Oh My God!!! that is one of the best stories I've ever read. Keep on writing Goddess! U ROCK!!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful wonderful story. I read it all at once with many many tears!
Thank you! Keep it up Hathor!

Anonymous said...

Wow OMG what a wonderful story. I'm here in tears.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I love a happy ending and with tears in my eyes, I'm sitting here reveling in the grand gesture, the beauty of your words and a story that touched my heart.

I too have to believe that they'd do something that special for a girl like her.

JBJHarleyChick

The Goddess Hathor said...

Hi Ladies;
I've been a bad Goddess; I haven't come back to thank you for your kind comments. I've said it before, this is the story I'm most proud of -- thank you for sharing with me, and I'm glad you liked it.

Pass it along to anyone who needs a good cry :o)

Anonymous said...

Thank you a beautiful story beautifully written Y

CelticCross said...

Thank you Hath for sharing this story with us. Words are stronger than most people realise and this is an inspirational story that is just truly wonderful.

CX

Anonymous said...

Oh, another absolutely wonderful one, Hath...wonderful enough that it's 2:47 a.m. on a work night, once again. LOL.

Thank YOU for sharing your wonderful work.

Genie P

Stina said...

That was an amazing story. Found it today and I've cried myself through it. <3

samboralady said...

This was such a touching story. Loved it a lot!